Clear Window Film When Wanted Tinted Window Film When Needed!
Transitional window films are triggered to change from a ‘clear’ to a ‘darker’, tinted state when exposed to the sun’s UV radiation.
Our Transitional Film can be referred to as Photochromic Film, Self Tinting Film and Adaptive Window Film!
Transitional Window Films
Transitional window films are triggered to change from ‘clear’ to a ‘darker’, tinted state in the sun. Once exposed, the photochromic interlayer chemically responds within 30 seconds tinting glass when needed.
- 20-40% transition based on sun intensity
- Activates within 30 seconds of UV exposure
- Return to original state within five minutes out of direct sunlight.
Photochromic Thin Film Technology
Photochromic window films chemically react to UV exposure at and around 395 nanometers. The molecular structure of our Transitional Film proprietary base material expands when triggered blocking out increasing portions of the sun’s visible light spectrum.
- Photochromic reaction tints glass up to 35%
- Clear windows at night for maximum view
- Provide for increasing levels of heat control as film darkens
Adaptive Window Tint
Adaptive Window Tint Films transition from a ‘clear’ to ‘tinted’ state when exposed to sunlight. Designed to adapt to your environment, Smart Film's Transitional films are perfect for customers looking for a sun control solution only when it’s needed.
- Maintains clear, safe vision at night time
- Maximize daylight on cloudy or rainy days
- Works best under intense sunlight